A weekend on this Learn to Lead Climb course will allow you to get your head around lead climbing on the sharp end of the rope. This climbing week is a real treat and a true opportunity to put your skills to the test and walk away with some excellent lead climbing skills.
We will be exploring all aspects of climbing, tailored to suit your needs depending on your experience. We can ensure that we have sufficient time to have an in depth approach to learning.
Over the 2 days you’ll try a selection of climbs and learn a ‘toolbox’ of essential lead climbing techniques to ensure you leave the course confident that you can safely lead climb on shorter climbs under your own steam.
The selection of techniques covered will include:
– Developing a thorough knowledge of suitable equipment for lead climbing and learning to manage it while climbing
– Developing a full understanding of climbing grade systems for single-pitch climbs and learn how to select appropriate initial lead climbs
– Skills for efficiently placing protection
– Efficient rope management and belaying on lead climbs
– Developing movement skills to aid lead climbing
– Plenty of climbing!
Have either attended the Beginner Climbing Course and Improvers climbing course or have prior experience.
Climbing shoes are recommended. You can borrow all of the other kit!
Most clients bring their own rock shoes. They can however be hired. Please bring suitable clothing that will keep you warm and dry in most weathers and some sturdy footwear for walking to and from the climbing areas. Bring a packed lunch.
Insurance NOT INCLUDED
*for 1 DAY
** for 2 DAYS